14 August 2007

Ode to Man's Best Friend,...










I have so many things to blog, a busy weekend of work, friends and gardening at midnight. You know, when I have time. So as I was going through all the pics of this past weekend, and editing it for public eye, this is the one that struck the deepest cord in me.





My Nanna, was whelped February 10, 1999. So she is 8 1/2 years old. Still full of life and the best friend any guy could ask for. She is so full of life and love. I nearly cry just thinking of the day she will be gone.





If you know me, you know this dog. She has been my companion on so many trips and so many adventures. I can’t even begin to list all of the places we have lived and traveled together. There were times when I knew that everything was going to be all right because no matter who comes and goes in my life, Nanna is always there.
















When we moved across country, time and time again. Dallas to Indianapolis; Indy, Arlington; Dallas, Denver; Denver, Milwaukee; Milwaukee, Denver, she would just sit in that seat or sleep in the floor board, miserable. Yet she never complained. Not once.

















It has not always been easy, but we have always been able to count on each other. Almost prophetic and poetic. Almost. Maybe the lesson is this. A good relationship contains someone who loves you every time you smile, say something nice, give them a cookie and don’t give up,..or stay gone too long. And, one who never complains. Good luck with that.




I suppose a mink dog bed, Burberry® leashes & collar and lead crystal torchier dog bowls don’t hurt either.







So I love you Nanna. Thanks for putting up with all of my pranks. And wearing all these crazy get ups so I wouldn’t be the only one. You are this man’s best friend. Cheers,..




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahem... chorizo???
...love you Nana.