08 August 2007

To my friend,...

And for you Ken, here is Nanna at one of my favorite places in Colorado. This is a lake hidden down a dirt road uphill about 5 miles off the road. Notice in the background of this picture to the left of Nanna’s head that there is a waterfall coming down those rocks.

There was a fallen tree, much like the one in the photo here, that lay perfectly on a huge boulder in the middle of the falls. For days I would hike to that rock with a book, a journal and my dog. Sitting and meditating on that rock for hours with the cold mist of the falls cleansing my mind and tuning my soul, gave me the clarity of mind to make the only decision in my life that I knew with out a doubt was from my soul. It is on that boulder that I decided to be a chef. This is that waterfall some years later. Enjoy!
Nanna is still the most amazing friend on earth. She and I have been together now for over 7 years. She has been with me through all of those moves to no less than 9 or 10 different addresses. There is nothing on this earth that could say thank you enough to her for all of her love and patients. Just the thought of her passing on brings me to tears. She still is full of life and should live another 5 or 6 years. I’ll take 6,…
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at Nanna! My babies Momma! We sure love Nanna! xoxo- Cristina & Bella