24 July 2007

Where I'm at...




I live in Colorado. Darn. It is my nature to be a gipsy. A thousand dollars to whoever figures out every school I have ever been to. Good luck with that. But I feel roots growing beneath my feet. There is an ancient Buddhist proverb which says “Dig where you are and you will find a well.” I’m digging.

These pictures say so much about me and what I love most in life. The power of our Mother Nature to wrap her healing arms around you and bring you back down to earth.

The love of a good friend. Preferably a mute friend with lots of hair. Dogs will work here too. Savannah is the most amazing pet known to mankind. References here are no problem and this fact is infallible and cannot be disputed. Your dog never talks back. Does not care if you stink. And in fact, prefers that you do. Did I say, never talks back?

The warmth of the sun. No explanation required.


And the energy of downtown. Yep, that's Denver from a crane. Love him. People, people and more people. It is the greatest social experiment of all times. Who’s right? Who’s wrong? Hurry up! Slow down. Fat? Skinny? Pretty? Pretty dumb!! I
love it and look at the skyline from my drive in to work each day just as a professional athlete looks at the stadium. “I’m going in! Look out every body.”





Posted by Picasa

No comments: